Research Data Analyst
The SASSI Institute is seeking a Research Data Analyst to support our research initiatives. The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree in statistics, educational psychology, educational research and evaluation, or a related field, Doctoral level degree preferred, with three or more years of experience in data analysis and visualization. A mastery of testing research theories, psychometric principles, and analytic procedures used to measure the reliability and validity of tests. In addition, the candidate must be familiar with DSM-5 symptom criteria for diagnoses of Substance Use Disorders, specifically, alcohol and drug screening questionnaires. Must have proficient organizational, data management, written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain the significance of data findings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Input, process, extract, and analyze a variety of data with an understanding of the purpose of psychological screening instruments and their value in clinical assessment procedures
- Analyze and interpret data using a variety of statistical tests; writing appropriate syntax commands using SPSS software
- Complete Independent Review Board submissions following procedures and standards for the ethical conduct of clinical research, including reliability and validity studies for SASSI products.
- Collaborate in writing and submitting articles for publishing study findings for publication in peer-reviewed journals adhering to the strict guidelines and review process
- Develop psychometrically sound and clinically useful scoring algorithms for screening questionnaires, and to coordinate with web-based programmer on their online implementation
- Interpret and synthesize available research information to effectively present facts and results in the form of graphs, charts, and tables
- Design addiction screening research, analyze data, write research reports, and create databases
- Assist in study design and product development
- Write technical manuals to develop user support materials
- Manage tasks independently while working in a team environment
This is a full-time position that includes benefits, pay is competitive and commensurate with experience, and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to HR@sassi.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.