Adolescent Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory-A3
Identifies high or low probability of substance use disorders in clients 13 to 18 years of age. The SASSI-A3 also provides clinical insight into family and social risk factors, level of defensive responding, consequences of substance misuse teens endorsed, and a prescription drug abuse scale that identifies teens likely to be abusing prescription medication.
Ages: 13 – 18 years
Reading grade Level: 4th
Accuracy: 89% Based on empirical studies
Administration: 15 minutes to administer and score
First Time Orders Must Include A Starter Kit
As of December 1st, 2021, A2 product is no longer available for sale. If you have not made the switch to our newest adolescent instrument the SASSI-A3, you must purchase a Starter Kit.
Individual items are for administrators who have previously purchased a Adolescent SASSI-A3 Starter Kit.
New Features of the SASSI-A3:
- A brief new scale, Prescription Drug (Rx), was added to accurately identify individuals likely to be abusing prescription medications.
- Validated against the DSM-5 criteria for diagnosing substance use disorders.
- Distinguishes likely Substance Use Disorder (SUD) from other psychological disorders: The SASSI-A3 can accurately identify the presence and the absence of SUD, even when other psychological symptoms are present.
- New subtle items were added to reflect current teen alcohol & drug use patterns and questions were updated to use contemporary teen verbiage.
- Additional face valid items to identify symptoms represented in the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.
Note: As of December 1st, 2021 the Adolescent SASSI-A2 material is no longer available for purchase.