By using the tools provided on this website by The SASSI Institute, Inc., 201 Camelot Lane, Springville, IN 47462, (“Institute”) and its licensors, you agree to comply with the license agreement your employer entered with the Institute, and in particular, you agree:
1) You are professionally qualified to administer the Questionnaires, or are acting under the supervision and control of such professionally qualified person.
2) You will use the Questionnaires solely for your employer’s own clinical purposes and solely for purposes of screening for substance use disorders.
3) You will not (and will not allow any third party to):
a) modify, translate or otherwise create “Derivative Works” (as defined at 17 U.S.C. § 101) of the Questionnaires;
b) reproduce, capture, download, or otherwise attempt to recreate the Questionnaires;
c) provide access to the Questionnaires to any third party;
d) allow the removal, alteration, covering or obscuring of any copyright notice or any other notice or mark that appears on the Questionnaires, on any copies, or any media;
e) permit anyone else to use the Questionnaires;
f) use the Questionnaires in any way other than in accordance with (A) the user guides and other documentation accompanying the Questionnaires, (B) the terms and conditions of your employer’s license agreement with the Institute, and (C) all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act and federal and state confidentiality laws;
g) attempt to sell, sublicense, lease, permit, rent or transfer in any way whatsoever the Questionnaires;
h) use the Questionnaires as a screening tool for job applicants, to discriminate against an individual, or to otherwise unlawfully abridge a person’s rights and entitlements; or
i) reverse engineer, decompile, translate, adapt, unbundle or disassemble the Questionnaires.
4) You will follow and abide by the federal confidentiality rules related to the protection of alcohol and/or drug abuse patients outlined in 42 CFR Part 2, and with all requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), including applicable regulations promulgated thereunder.
5) You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including HIPAA and regulations related to privacy promulgated thereunder (the “Privacy Standard”)
6) If you transmit any Information to patients or subjects via e-mail or otherwise, you will comply with all federal and state laws and regulations regarding such transmission, and will meet the highest industry standards related to encryption of Information and verification of patients’ and subjects’ e-mail address.
The SASSI instruments and BADDS are copyrighted instruments, which includes the questionnaires, profiles, questionnaire items, T scores, scales, norms, score reports, scoring keys, and all related materials and, as such, they are protected by the copyright laws of the United States, Canada, and other countries. They may not be reproduced or transmitted in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, including creating derivative products or presentations, copying into computer storage media of any kind, copying onto audiovisual storage media, photocopying, or copying of any other kind without prior written permission of the publisher. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of the copyrighted materials is unethical as well as a violation of federal copyright laws.
Questions are not to be reproduced, paraphrased, or translated in any way. The SASSI Institute, Inc. and Jewell & Hupp, L.L.P. make no estimate of accuracy for questionnaire items that have been paraphrased,translated, or for screening accuracy resulting from administration of only selected test items on the instruments.