The SASSI Institute is pleased to announce that we are launching a line of Professional Development webinars. We will be doing these in partnership with guest lecturers on topics that may be of interest to professionals in the addiction field.
Our first such webinar is Comprehensive Screening & Advanced Assessment of Addiction presented by Dr. Don Osborne. Below is additional information on this workshop:
The Screening and assessment processes are critical to effective addiction treatment. In fact, treatment can only be as effective as the thoroughness of the assessment process. The screening and assessment processes can and should result in clients’ reduced denial or “resistance” and easily transition into therapy.
In this training program you will be able to:
- Understand screening and assessment.
- Be able to describe a comprehensive concept of addiction’s progressive nature with problems, tolerance and loss of control.
- Be able to determine the kinds of questions to ask a client that are most relevant during an initial interview.
- Be able to formulate specific relevant questions to ask during the interview process.
- How to use Motivational Interviewing to engage clients and develop a rapport with them.
- How to obtain collateral information about the client.
- How to use the DSM-5’s criteria for SUD to diagnose clients and decrease clients’ resistance to treatment.
- Gaining clients’ trust, reduce denial and resistance to treatment.
- Gain clients’ agreement that they are addicted to some substance or behavior at a particular stage of the addiction process.
- How to determine the specific level of care advocated by ASAM.
- How to transition from screening to the assessment to the therapy stages of treatment.
Visit www.sassi.com/other-training-online/ for registration information, provides 4 CEUs.